中文版 National Chung Hsing University
About Us Organization Service Directory Periodicats Publication Links
 

The National Chung Hsing University as today has evolved from Taiwan Academy of Academy of Agronomy and Forestry (TAAF) that was established in 1919 by the Jepaness Colonial Government in Taiwan for providing agricultural and education services. Three experimental forest stations(Tungshih, Hsinhua and Wenshan) were subsequently established and dedicated as an integral part of TAAF for research functions and professional training in forestry. These three forests were purposefully selected from each of the northern, central and southern regions of Taiwan to offer TAAF a rich representation of forests, vegetation and watersheds for research, teaching and professional training activities. This has made these forests one of the best combined experimental forests in Taiwan. Nengkao Experimental Forest was designated as the fourth experimental forest station in 1949to further broaden the representation of forests in different climates and elevations, and was renamed as Huisun Experimental Forest station in 1967.

TAAF has gone through numerous expansions and transformations since its birth in 1919 and has gradually evolved into National Chung Hsing University as it is today. As an integral part of this evolution, the administration and operations of the aforementioned four experimental forest stations have also gone through several changes and re-organizations in parallel and have finally evolved into the Experimental Forest Management Office (EFMO) of the university. See below for the chronology of the university and EFMO:

Chronology of National Chung Hsing University

1919- Taiwan Academy of Agronomy and Forestry (TAAF) was established.
1922-Expanded and renamed as Taiwan Advanced Academy of Agronomy and Forestry.
1926-Expanded and renamed as Taiwan Taipei Advanced Academy of Agronomy and Forestry.
1927-Expanded and renamed as Taipei Imperial University’s Agronomy and Forestry Specialized Department.
1942-Expanded and renamed as Taichung Advanced Academy of Agricultural and Forestry.
1945-Expanded and renamed asTaiwan Provincial Junior Agriculture College.
1946-Renamed as Taiwan Provincial Agriculture College.
1961-Expanded and renamed as Taiwan Provincial Chung Hsing University.
1971-Renamed as National Chung Hsing University with the fiscal responsibility transferred to the Central government from the Provincial Government of Taiwan.

Chronology of Forest Stations and Experimental Forest Management Office

1920-Tungshih and Hsinhua Forests were established as experimental forests for TAAF.
1941-Wenshan Forest was established as an experimental forest for the Agronomy and forestry Specialized Department (AFSD) of Taipei Imperial Univwesity.
1949-The administration and operations of Nengkao Forest was transferred to Taiwan Provincial Agriculture College, a predecessor of the National Chung Hsing University.
1967-Nengkao Forest was renamed as Huisun Experimental Forest.

 

The Experimental Forest Management Office, NCHU / Adderss: 250, Kuo Kuang Rd., Taichung 402, Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel. 04-22840397/ Fax. 04-22861455 / Email : expfor@nchu.edu.tw
Copyright © 2010 All rights reserved. / Best resolution is 1024*768